
4-5 August - San Pedro de Atacama, Chile
I travelled over the border to Chile with three other people from the Uyuni tour - the two dutch girls, Tessa and Sanne, and Felipe the Chilean who was headed home to Santiago. As soon as we crossed the border, there were paved roads. Whoa. Sanne's ankle was hurting so she had to go to the doctor. We found the clinic in town and the doctor had told her that she need an x-ray and had to go to the next town, Calama, to get it. They returned back to San Pedro that night and it turns out her ankle was just twisted and not broken. She just had to rest for a few days. While they were gone I just wandered around the town. I wish I took pictures. It was the cutest little town. It had this hippie, chill, feeling to it.
The next day Tessa and I did a tour of the Valle de la Luna (Moon Valley) and also the Death Valley. It was a really beautiful area where you can see the Andes Mountains, the volcanoes, and the deserts. There were some interesting rock formations where one looked like a condor.



We hiked up some sand dunes to watch the beautiful sunset.
But the best part was to watch the moon rise through the valley. We were lucky because it was a full moon that night also. It was amazing.

No comments:
Post a Comment