Later that afternoon we took a short hike up to Mirador de la Virgen del Agua Santa, a statue, high up in the mountains, for a great view of the town. There were so many stairs to climb but the view was beautiful.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Baños
The weekend of May 30th I went to a town called Baños which was 3 1/2 hours south of Quito. There is so much do do there. You can go hiking, biking, rafting, horseback riding, etc. I went there, with another person from my host family, Mike, who ironically is from Jersey. We decided to go Canyoning. It was so much fun. You hike a little up a mountain to the Rio Blanco Falls. Then you rappell down the different waterfalls. I´ve done some rappelling when rock climbing but this was much harder. When you rappell, the water from the falls hit you directly in the face. Also the water covers the rock and its so slippery. Good thing our guide put us on a belay back up. I fell a few times. But it was great.

Later that afternoon we took a short hike up to Mirador de la Virgen del Agua Santa, a statue, high up in the mountains, for a great view of the town. There were so many stairs to climb but the view was beautiful.
Later that afternoon we took a short hike up to Mirador de la Virgen del Agua Santa, a statue, high up in the mountains, for a great view of the town. There were so many stairs to climb but the view was beautiful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Too bad about Banos, but you probably didn't miss all that much. It's nice to soak, but there are other hot springs you can visit. My favorite was actually in Costa Rica.
ReplyDeleteIf you wanted to see a volcano, I'm surprised you didn't go visit Cotapaxi!
Looks like you're having fun, though! :)
Cotopaxi. Another place I missed. I can´t see everything you know.
ReplyDelete